So, this is new...

I should probably introduce myself - my first post I've had written for months, with nowhere to put it. That's kind of what gave me the push to start this blog. It's my little place to share my opinions and save my boyfriend the trouble of listening to me ramble on.

Can you tell I like to talk?

Who are you?

I'm Ellen.

I'm 25, a fashion/textiles graduate-turned-content writer for a mental health website and magazine (along with a few other topics) and I bloody love it.

I like tea and biscuits, I really like wine, gin and aperol spritz and I bloody love dogs, books, binge-watching TV shows and boardgames.

I wish I could sing, but I really can't - sadly for those around me, that doesn't mean I don't sing, I just know I shouldn't. 

I often dress like a 90s kids TV presenter (my boyfriend's words, not mine) but I'm okay with it, though I'm partial to an over-the-top sparkle and anything fluffy.

So, I'm not particularly cool, but who gives a toss? 

What is The Ellen Hour?

This is basically my tiny drop of the Internet where I can share my thoughts on what's going on in this world we live in. I can't say it'll be life changing stuff, but I have a lot of opinions and wanted to put them somewhere - for myself.

A diary of sorts.

A place for me to put my thoughts and feelings into words. 

What will you be writing about?

Anything that comes to mind, really.

There are some things that maybe aren't suitable for general conversation, perhaps due to people getting offended, or me not feeling confident enough to say.

Whether that me my thoughts on life in general or what's going on in the world, taboo subjects we're not sure how or when to discuss (you know, those inappropriate thoughts and questions that pop into your head at the worst times).

It might even just me talking about what's happened in my day or week - something that's changed in me, something I want to explore.

--

I'll be honest, I'm a little iffy around a camera so there will be minimal photography, and I don't know how often I'll be writing here. It'll take some getting used to, but I'll say I'm liking it already.

If you do want to join me for the ride, a very big warm welcome to you! Grab a cup of tea, or your tipple of choice, play your favourite playlist and let's get to know each other.

Comments

Popular Posts